Poker table bust

dragonwoman52

please make it so we can join a poker table at any time there is a free space to sit.   make the tables run like the blackjack tables it so hard to get to play poker and if you need to do it for a task it is almost impossible to get on the poker tables.    I would love to play more poker but you have made it so even starting a game is hard so will you please change the way the poker tables work

LV_Jag

What do you mean?  If the game is already in progress, you cannot join the table.

PS4:  LV_Jag // Steam: Jagalicious

dragonwoman52

nope ya can't join even if someone leaves the table

DL_Courtney

Administrator

The tables are currently tournament-style poker, where you play until one person wins. We're in the process of testing some new poker code that should make the poker games more stable. Once that gets rolled out, we can look into making some variations on the game. "Ring Games" are one of our top variant requests!

dragonwoman52

*sigh* tbh then you should not put poker in the tasks I have not been able to do most of them because of how you have set it up.  The way it was set on Home was the best way you have ever done it it is not fare to have a task that can not be met by so many of us.

DL_Courtney

Administrator

Hmmm, I'm not sure what you mean - this is the same style of poker that we had on Home, and we didn't have tasks at all there. It's just an extra, optional way to earn chips that we didn't have before. We are working towards some poker variants, and are happy to take suggestions for different tasks, though!

dragonwoman52

it's the same style of poker but not how you GET to play at the table.   First on 4 kings you must start with 6 people to even start a game of poker  second when someone leaves the table NO one an take their seat  and that is where the problem comes in when you were on Home if someone left a table you could take their place.   You blackjack table is great it's just the poker table that needs to change.  I have tried to do a task where you need to play free poker and have fund that 2 people are at the table yet it says full  go t the next free table and again it says full and there is room because some one has left.  Please look back at how you worked you tables on Home you never had to have a full table to start a game and and could always take a seat when someone left.  I am not the only one who is having this problem and no one feels you will listen to us so they don't come here to talk you you about it.

DL_Courtney

Administrator

That's true, for free poker you do need 6 people to start. For the regular tables there is an option to start with only 3. On Home, however, you weren't able to join in the middle of a poker game, either. We've used the tournament format for all our poker games so far.

I understand that it can be frustrating that changes are released slowly. Unfortunately it takes a fair amount of time to make changes, test them as thoroughly as we can, and then submit them through to Sony for approval before they can be released to the players. I can assure you that we are doing our best to listen and incorporate feedback from you guys - that's why we made this forum! We are currently working hard on improving the poker code for stability before we build on it to make additional variants such as this ring game format (where you can join whenever there's an empty seat). It's a popular request, and therefore high on our priority list, but coding a new game is a larger project and will take some time.

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts, dragonwoman52, and I hope you will encourage your fellow players to do the same! We want to hear suggestions from you guys. We're always working on improving the game, and letting us know what you'd like to see can help us prioritize what to tackle next. smile

dragonwoman52

I was only just telling you this so that you may understand our problem I am not trying to be a big pain to you unlike other VW I had hoped that you would do just what you did and listen and maybe take the full thing or the free poker task off till something can be done to help us.  Thank you for being here like this for us.

LizzieGM

I would never play hold em if people could join randomly, especially at a tournament table when someone is out.  That would defeat the purpose of the tournament.  You're winning and some new person joins and goes all in after not being it the game at all, yeah that would never work.