Reject friend requests

brokeahhb

Please add in an option to reject someone’s friend request. Some random guy tried adding my friend and I. Only options are accept and inspect. If you hit accept and it brings up their Xbox profile we blocked his actual account but the friend request is still sitting there. As someone with a severe case of OCD it’s a huge trigger for me. It’s not super important obviously but it’s definitely on my friend and I’s wish lists.

Make improvements, not excuses. Seek respect, not attention.

JRSC01

It is possible to reject it, if using the quick reply,  or if you already accepted it,  go into the friends tab and you can search the name, and remove them again.

Then block them too...

brokeahhb

JRSC01 wrote

It is possible to reject it, if using the quick reply,  or if you already accepted it,  go into the friends tab and you can search the name, and remove them again.

Then block them too...

That’s not rejecting. That’s extra steps. Should be like switch version and have “Inspect, Accept, REJECT”

DL_Jared

Administrator

Xbox has a unique way of handling friend requests due to the Xbox platform's own specific friend request system, so some of the way that works is out of our control. Anyone who follows your account will show up in-game as a friend request currently. Maybe we can look at handling that better in the future.

To see your followers, you can go to your profile on Xbox under the Social tab, then go to Following and select Followers from the drop-down menu. Unfortunately, I think the only way to remove followers on Xbox is to block them (and unblock them afterwards if you wish).

brokeahhb

DL_Jared wrote

Xbox has a unique way of handling friend requests due to the Xbox platform's own specific friend request system, so some of the way that works is out of our control. Anyone who follows your account will show up in-game as a friend request currently. Maybe we can look at handling that better in the future.

To see your followers, you can go to your profile on Xbox under the Social tab, then go to Following and select Followers from the drop-down menu. Unfortunately, I think the only way to remove followers on Xbox is to block them (and unblock them afterwards if you wish).

Thanks, I do hope there’s a way or system you can implement to change that as it is frustrating. I see there’s a setting for ignore friend requests but does that actually prevent them from trying to add you? Just a lot of weirdos/creeps I’ve noticed on the game.

wi_bruce

brokeahhb wrote

Please add in an option to reject someone’s friend request. Some random guy tried adding my friend and I. Only options are accept and inspect. If you hit accept and it brings up their Xbox profile we blocked his actual account but the friend request is still sitting there. As someone with a severe case of OCD it’s a huge trigger for me. It’s not super important obviously but it’s definitely on my friend and I’s wish lists.

On Ps in setting you can filter out friend requests.  How ever it does not work.  I have same request for over a year now being stalked and Kings does nothing.  This is Harassment Big Time!
v

DL_Jared

Administrator

wi_bruce wrote
brokeahhb wrote

On Ps in setting you can filter out friend requests.  How ever it does not work.  I have same request for over a year now being stalked and Kings does nothing.  This is Harassment Big Time!
v

If friend requests aren't getting properly disabled by the option on PlayStation we'll take a look at that and get it fixed up for the next update.

brokeahhb

DL_Jared wrote
wi_bruce wrote
brokeahhb wrote

v

If friend requests aren't getting properly disabled by the option on PlayStation we'll take a look at that and get it fixed up for the next update.

I’m on Xbox so unfortunately that doesn’t solve my issue.