Make blackjack more fun

Mvid

When playing at blackjack table, it would be cool if when people at the table bust, a portion of their bet goes to people who won.  That way people would always want to play at a table with a high-roller.. it would cause more demand to play the game.  As it stands now, there is really no reason to play with others at the table and might as well just use the video blackjack machines for much quicker play.

(same principle could be added to the War table)

-----
Need a webmaster? See vidberg.com

Kitty_Paine

I actually prefer to play alone at a table if possible because sometimes people react too slowly.

Mvid

Kitty_Paine, this is exactly what I mean... I also tend to always go to an empty table because having to wait for some people to click a button is irritating.  The only game I don't mind to wait is poker, since putting in strategic pauses to your gameplay can be part of the pyschological game in poker.

Now if there were some additional motivation for going to a busy table, that would be cool.

-----
Need a webmaster? See vidberg.com

My biggest motivation for playing alone is avoiding people who have no clue how to play (i.e. hitting on a 16 when the dealer shows a 6, doubling down on EVERYTHING, splitting 5's, etc.). They either don't understand that they are potentially taking the dealer's bust card and hurting everyone else, or they just don't care. The Hill Climb cost me over 700k because of HUNDREDS of rude and/ignorant plays.

Lead_Flunky

Whispered_Echoes wrote

My biggest motivation for playing alone is avoiding people who have no clue how to play (i.e. hitting on a 16 when the dealer shows a 6, doubling down on EVERYTHING, splitting 5's, etc.). They either don't understand that they are potentially taking the dealer's bust card and hurting everyone else, or they just don't care. The Hill Climb cost me over 700k because of HUNDREDS of rude and/ignorant plays.

Its usually people with this kind of mindset who are the rude ones. Talking crap to people trying to learn blackjack strategy or just plain not betting the way YOU think they should. Its their chip the table, and the table is open to the public. Get over yourself and move to a different table. People like you are why I like to find a table by myself, you ruin the experience for everyone around you when you act like an ass 'cause someone isn't betting your style.

Lead_Flunky wrote

Its usually people with this kind of mindset who are the rude ones. Talking crap to people trying to learn blackjack strategy or just plain not betting the way YOU think they should. Its their chip the table, and the table is open to the public. Get over yourself and move to a different table. People like you are why I like to find a table by myself, you ruin the experience for everyone around you when you act like an ass 'cause someone isn't betting your style.

I would agree with you if "my style" wasn't based on inarguable mathematical odds. I studied Blackjack for many years and forced myself to rely on the odds rather than my own feelings or superstitions. If I play based on a "feeling" and lose, I have no one to blame but myself. If I play the odds (even when I don't want to), I can more easily accept it and move on.

I am in no way trying to be an ass. I want everyone to win (except during the Hill Climb lol).

I wish it were easier to interpret one's tone online before assuming I'm just being "an ass"; I wasn't trying to be.

Last edited by Whispered_Echoes (29 Feb 2016 20:10)

Lead_Flunky wrote

Talking crap to people trying to learn blackjack strategy or just plain not betting the way YOU think they should.

For the record, I have never talked crap to anyone for the way they play, that's not my style. I HAVE questioned certain plays, and I'm always willing to explain why a play is wrong, but only because everybody could win more altogether if everyone played the odds.

There's no need to be so rude based on assumptions; ask me next time if it needs clarification.

Last edited by Whispered_Echoes (29 Feb 2016 20:11)

Lead_Flunky

Whispered_Echoes wrote

There's no need to be so rude based on assumptions; ask me next time if it needs clarification.

My assumption is based on the odds that you are just as rude as all the other self proclaimed Blackjack odds pros.

Whispered_Echoes wrote

I would agree with you if "my style" wasn't on inarguable mathematical odds. I studied Blackjack for many years and forced myself to rely on the odds rather than my own feelings or superstitions. If I play based a "feeling" and lose, I have no one to blame but myself. If I play the odds (even when I don't want to), I can more easily accept it and move on.

I am in no way trying to be an ass. I want everyone to win (except during the Hill Climb lol).

I wish it were easier to interpret one's tone online before assuming I'm just being "an ass"; I wasn't trying to be.

The thing is, statistically speaking, The people with your play/bet style are generally rude and abusive. This is common knowledge and doesn't need a book with a title similar to "The World's Greatest Blackjack Book" to figure those odds.

I fail to see what I have done personally to you or to any other player to deserve such treatment. I have never attacked you, nor have I have lashed out at players I disagree with. I merely stated why I tend to avoid tables with other players.

I'm sorry if the players you categorize me with have ruined your experience, that's unacceptable of them.

Last edited by Whispered_Echoes (29 Feb 2016 20:12)

Lead_Flunky

Yes you did. You attacked every person who plays Blackjack in any manner that you deem incorrect, or not playing to the odds, is inherently playing in a manner that is "rude and/ignorant." Which would insinuate that your play style is inherently virtuous. This ideal its disgusting, degrading, and elitist. I poop on all elitists.

I stated my opinion here on the forum rather than attacking anyone in-game; I would never ruin someone's playing experience with harsh comments, no matter how much I disagree with their methods.

Again, I think you have the wrong opinion of me.

I simply stated that some people don't know how to play, and that's understandable; everyone needs a chance to learn when doing something foreign to them. But that is the reason I prefer to play alone.

Last edited by Whispered_Echoes (29 Feb 2016 19:06)

In regards to the "rude/ignorant" comment: in real life, there are few people who make bad moves intentionally and they just don't care. But MOST bad moves I see stem from ignorance (which is not a hateful or derogatory word). Some people just don't know how to play, and I understand that; I was in their shoes once.

Last edited by Whispered_Echoes (29 Feb 2016 18:59)

nordlyset86

I don't see myself as a good Blackjack player and i'm doing good if i have to say it myself, and i haven't played Blackjack in real. I win more than i lose on T4K, but i think it's more about luck for what cards you get in your hand. I did a double once when i had 19 in my hand, and i got a 2 from the deck. Lucky for me then. I just play to have fun, and so what if i lose chips? It's not real. It's all about having fun.   wink

Lead_Flunky

Whispered_Echoes wrote

I stated my opinion here on the forum rather than attacking anyone in-game; I would never ruin someone's playing experience with harsh comments, no matter how much I disagree with their methods.

Again, I think you have the wrong opinion of me.

I simply stated that some people don't know how to play, and that's understandable; everyone needs a chance to learn when doing something foreign to them. But that is the reason I prefer to play alone.

If this is indeed true, then I apologize for this comment.

Lead_Flunky wrote

My assumption is based on the odds that you are just as rude as all the other self proclaimed Blackjack odds pros.

I was playing to the odds with that statement. This is an example of how playing to the odds can and sometimes is indeed the wrong move, in real life as much as in a game of Blackjack.

As well, I apologize for any other comment where I may have used the word "you" to indicate you as a singled out person. I think I only did that once, but I didn't reread all of my posts in this thread. I should have continued to speak in general terms.

nordlyset86 wrote

I don't see myself as a good Blackjack player and i'm doing good if i have to say it myself, and i haven't played Blackjack in real. I win more than i lose on T4K, but i think it's more about luck for what cards you get in your hand. I did a double once when i had 19 in my hand, and i got a 2 from the deck. Lucky for me then. I just play to have fun, and so what if i lose chips? It's not real. It's all about having fun.   wink

And I'm happy for you for winning on such a daring play.

The reason I feel people should "play by the books" is simple, though. As an example, let's assume you are the last to act and you have a 15 and the dealer is showing anything from a 2-6. With 4 cards out of 13 cards having a value of 10, you should assume the dealer's under card is a 10. You hit and get a 10/J/Q/K (10's and face cards being the most prevalent in a deck). You have now not only bust, but have also taken the card that would have busted the dealer.

Lead_Flunky wrote

I was playing to the odds with that statement. This is an example of how playing to the odds can and sometimes is indeed the wrong move, in real life as much as in a game of Blackjack.

Touché, and thank you for the apology. Good luck to you.

Lead_Flunky

Whispered_Echoes wrote

Touché, and thank you for the apology. Good luck to you.

I may be abrasive, but I am not unreasonable. And, I'm not afraid to take responsibility and direct an apology where need be.
Good luck to you, as well.