Using the new Chat Interface

ReccaWolf

The last chat system was better than this new one. I only can chat whenever the chat box is open, and not closed. The PM chatbox is hard to make a PM already without hitting a few buttons here and there to sent the message through. Also, I can only scroll through three of the icons in the chat system, and again, I need to tweek a few buttons to get it in the right place.

This really needs to be fixed. In addition, I saw the friend notices are much smaller than the last update. I think that's need to be bigger. lol

Hope to see them patched soon.

DL_David

Administrator

This is the first pass on the new chat and we do plan on continue to improve it.  If you can be more specific in your list of chat issues and hopefully suggestions to fix these issues we would be glad to consider them.  Please send to betasupport@digitalleisure.com.

JIGSAW4422

He is referring to before, you can easily scroll thru the chat channels. Now after the update, it doesn't easily scroll thru them anymore. Like to scroll from local chat to the pm channel, it literally stops on each other channel on the way and brings up the type here box each time. We have to hit the circle button to close said box, scroll to next channel and repeat till we get to the pm box.   It also doesn't allow us to change channels while in a game either. Like for me while playing Black Jack, some 1 were to pm me and I attempt to answer by changing to the pm box it boots you from the gaming tables.

Out side of being in a game seems to work fine, being able to pm wise, but it still stops on each channel trying to get  to the pm box....

3 Time Queen of War Champion, 2 Time War / Big 6 Winner, and 2 Time Hill Climb Winner.

Smokescreen_5

I thought ReccaWolf was referring to how we normally press the L3 button to either change the position of the chat box, or to hide it completely.  Before, if we had the box completely hidden, we could just start typing and the box would automatically open up again.  Now you have to actually press L3 again just to open the box before you can start typing.  I like the fact that it only has the 2 positions when open, and the closed feature, but I would prefer that it was like before, in the sense that as soon as you started typing, even when the chat box was hidden, that it would open back up again on its own.

Wolfen890

I'm also having Issues with the new chat system and Jigsaw above really accurately describes whats going on. Even outside of playing games such as Black Jact etc ,,you also keep standing up while using an active item  when trying to access the PM box,,and most of the time the person I'm trying to reply to or Pm isn't the name that pops up..The previous chat system was absolutely perfect and I would hope we could return to it...

DL_Courtney

Administrator

The intent with the new chat is that it functionally should be the same, just with a new look to match the rest of the updated UI and the additional feature of being able to interact with players directly from the chat. So we do appreciate your reports! We don't plan on going back to the old look, but with your feedback we will get it to a point where you shouldn't notice much difference in actually using it.

Smokescreen_5

After continuous use of the new system, anybody would think there isn't a difference.  The "look" of it isn't what the problem is.  The problem is that it doesn't open as soon as you start typing.  That and I noticed today that its really tough to figure out how to use the buttons to open the correct part of the chat.  Whether it be a private message, group, table, lobby etc.  That and doing the private message takes a lot of work.  Before we could type /p and then the persons screen name, press enter, and then start typing.  Now you have to press /p, hope you get to the right screen.  push a bunch of buttons to try to figure out how to enter the persons name.. . then try to figure out what sequence of buttons to push to get to the section to type the message.    Before you could still move with the chat window open.  Now if the chat window is open, you can't move at all unless you figure out how to close it.  I don't mind the look of it, but the feel needs to be reverted back to how it used to be.