Sluggish Lag while moving avatar

Smokescreen_5

So I've said it a few other places but I don't think I'm being taken seriously here. 

My ISP speed is 1.5 mbps.  The maximum is 3 mbps in my area for whatever reason I can't tell you.  Perhaps its because we are still running on copper lines instead of fiber yet.  In any regards, before this last update, I was able to move my avatar freely within the game without any hassles.  Since the last update, it takes forever to load up the room, and whenever I try to run from one area to the next, it looks like my avatar is running, then freezing, running then freezing, running then freezes, etc, etc, etc.  I was told it had to do with my internet connection and that I had to open up some more ports and get with tech support.  I did in fact get with tech support and accessed my router to open up some UNNECESSARY ports through the website https://portforward.com/router.htm The problem is not with my ports, not with my router, not with my internet speed.  It has to do with the fact that ever since your guys last update where you changed the entire interface, including the way the screen appears in Bingo, it has lagged the game way down.  If requested, I can send a video of what it looks like on my screen.  If you view a video on twitch from one of the many times we've gotten together to do a race or dance, or play poker or what not, my avatar ran smoothly.  Since that time, since the last update, things are lagged big time.  Perhaps go back an update, figure out what you guys did wrong to make it do that, and then implement a fix before changing it again. 

Thanks

LBC-2I3-ICG

Dude, its NOT your internet. I run hardwired off of a Linksys WRT1900ACS ( one of the best on the market ) router on top of premium internet. I get 120mbps up and down on my lap tops and 105 up to 25 down on my PS4 and STILL have these issues so, its NOT internet.

Smokescreen_5

I didn't think it was since it worked fine before the last update.

Hamsammick

I beta tested this and the lag during beta testing seems the same as it does today.  What worries me is adding more to the game. Like as much as i'd like to see the bowling alley, I fear it will just add to the lag.
And i don't see how animations like flames, flying cards etc...can help.

And i cringe when it comes to searching for hidden chips, as switching rooms seems to cause the most crashes.

I've always hoped for the best for Four Kings, but as of now i can't recommend it to anyone, and seriously think of uninstalling it.
It's a shame.

LBC-213-ICG

Banned

Lol, they wont even address lag.

DL_David

Administrator

The next update will have some optimizations that should help reduce the lag. You can also turn off particles in the settings to not display animations that players are wearing.

We are now focusing on optimizations so hope to improve the lag situation with each new update.

LBC-213-ICG

Banned

DL_David wrote

The next update will have some optimizations that should help reduce the lag. You can also turn off particles in the settings to not display animations that players are wearing.

We are now focusing on optimizations so hope to improve the lag situation with each new update.

I'm sorry but, that does nothing. I play with EVERYTHING turned off including all notifications and no difference. If my automobile is running crappy closing my eyes doesn't make it run better, I'm just saying.

IronClaw08

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the reason there is so much lag is the clothing people are wearing is a server side process.  What this means is the files needed to display the clothing needs to be downloaded from the server before it can be shown.  When you first enter a room, it takes a while to get all the different items displayed. 

Maybe if they moved the files to the client, it would load a lot faster.  Unfortunately that would mean a new update every time a new item gets added to the game.

Smokescreen_5

While thats a great thought IronClaw, that still doesn't explain why everything was running smoothly up until this last update where they changed the UI interface.  At that point, everything lagged way down.  Sure it takes a few seconds for clothing to load, but when it takes a few minutes instead of just a few seconds, then we know something is wrong.

Last edited by Smokescreen_5 (28 Jan 2017 21:57)

DL_David

Administrator

IronClaw08 wrote

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the reason there is so much lag is the clothing people are wearing is a server side process.  What this means is the files needed to display the clothing needs to be downloaded from the server before it can be shown.  When you first enter a room, it takes a while to get all the different items displayed. 

Maybe if they moved the files to the client, it would load a lot faster.  Unfortunately that would mean a new update every time a new item gets added to the game.

In fact they are actually they are built into the client with the option to grab from the server if any of the clothing isn't in the client (but they are all in the client so the client doesn't need to request anything from the server).  But you are right in that some of the lag is caused by the clothing being assembled onto the avatar (even though the clothes are local).  We have made a number of optimizations around the clothing of the avatars and around the the use of animations (another issue that causes lag) since the last update and we're looking forward to see how that will improve the situation in the next update.

Smokescreen_5

DL_David wrote

We have made a number of optimizations around the clothing of the avatars and around the the use of animations (another issue that causes lag) since the last update and we're looking forward to see how that will improve the situation in the next update.

When should we expect the next update?  I'll be looking forward to see if you guys actually fixed the lag.

DL_Paul

Administrator

We're targeting the next two weeks. We'll keep you updated once there is a fixed date. Thanks.