We want your input!

DL_Courtney

Administrator

Hi Guys!

So here’s the scoop – we’re starting some design on a feature for players to create their own Clubs. This would be a set of social tools where you could invite your friends to join a Club that you create, name, and officiate. Club members would get their own chat channel, as well as a tab on the social menus where players can be added, promoted, and messages can be left to help organize your own game nights and events.

What do you guys think? Is this something you’d be interested in? What other social tools would make it easier for you to play with your friends?

JIGSAW4422

YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!!

And if it's possible, make it so we could promote up to at least 6 other people as Sub leaders. As for how many members? 32 would be fine. Unlimited would over kill. Besides it wouldn't be possible to fit "Unlimited" anywayz  Should we be excepting A clubhouse of some kind as the next Escape space lolz

3 Time Queen of War Champion, 1 Time Big 6 Winner, and 2 Time Hill Climb Winner.

karmafoxlink

JIGSAW4422 wrote

YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!!

And if it's possible, make it so we could promote up to at least 6 other people as Sub leaders. As for how many members? 32 would be fine. Unlimited would over kill. Besides it wouldn't be possible to fit "Unlimited" anywayz  Should we be excepting A clubhouse of some kind as the next Escape space lolz

Yes!! That would be very cool!   I totally agree Jigsaw on this 'unlimited' ,  it could lag the game much more that it has when there are so many players that the server can't handle.  As long as the clubhouse thing is someone can get to (Or buying  with RP ) ,  and it can keep hackers and cheaters out, more power to ya!  big_smile

-Foxlink   
     =^_-=

SmokinRoses

It would definitely be awesome!! Other games have it you guys might as well too! wink

Don't worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try. - Anonymous

Charlie Mac

I am sorry but, this sounds like a way to promote organized boosting and or cheating. Someone already mentioned 32 which is conveniently how much a full game of bingo is....

daggers62

Charlie Mac wrote

I am sorry but, this sounds like a way to promote organized boosting and or cheating. Someone already mentioned 32 which is conveniently how much a full game of bingo is....

I have to agree with this. Players from the same club could also gang up on the poker tables giving them an advantage over players that do not want to be part of a club

Some days it's not worth chewing through the straps

DL_Courtney

Administrator

I am glad to see some enthusiasm for the idea! We're definitely hoping to give players more options for gaming with their friends.

daggers62 wrote
Charlie Mac wrote

I have to agree with this. Players from the same club could also gang up on the poker tables giving them an advantage over players that do not want to be part of a club

This is a concern I've had as well. We definitely want to avoid having people abusing the system. Currently, we don't allow players in the same household to play at the same poker table as a way to prevent this. We could implement something similar for clubs, like disabling club chat when playing at a poker table. We could also not allow club members to play at the same poker table, but that feels too heavy-handed to me and could make it more difficult to get a full table. Disabling club chat in this instance would mean they didn't have any advantages compared to other players.

I am less concerned about other games, as poker is the only one where you really play against other players, as opposed to the dealer.

What do you think?

SmokinRoses

Well honestly with you saying that you could disable "Club chat" it still won't stop people. Since there is psn Party Chat, that people are always on constantly. That's why it was frustrating for me with wanting to play some Poker with people in my household, which we'd never cheat..but still. It's the principle. Yet everyone that are not in the same household are doing it probably everyday. People will find ways around the system to poker cheat to help their friends. So this is really no different then what they're doing already.. But nice suggestions.

Don't worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try. - Anonymous

daggers62

I recently played a game of poker and two players were blatantly playing together so it already happens. Personally I would not join a club, it's just not my thing.

Wolfen890

Having a club is a really very good idea,,i would like to see Poker tables available for club use only so club members can meet and play Poker in a club atmosphere for members only. Make them available for club owners to purchase and of course have a 5k buy in or 25k buy in or what ever. The Poker tables would work exactly how they work in the Poker Parlors,,but it would be for exclusive use only by the Members..

Charlie Mac

DL_Courtney wrote

I am glad to see some enthusiasm for the idea! We're definitely hoping to give players more options for gaming with their friends.

daggers62 wrote
Charlie Mac wrote

This is a concern I've had as well. We definitely want to avoid having people abusing the system. Currently, we don't allow players in the same household to play at the same poker table as a way to prevent this. We could implement something similar for clubs, like disabling club chat when playing at a poker table. We could also not allow club members to play at the same poker table, but that feels too heavy-handed to me and could make it more difficult to get a full table. Disabling club chat in this instance would mean they didn't have any advantages compared to other players.

I am less concerned about other games, as poker is the only one where you really play against other players, as opposed to the dealer.

What do you think?

I also think it could raise some serious discrimination issues. A group of 32 people could EASILY get someone banned for nothing more than interrupting their boosting session. In the end, your going to do it anyway but, at least I have voiced my opinion.

DL_Courtney

Administrator

Charlie Mac wrote

I also think it could raise some serious discrimination issues. A group of 32 people could EASILY get someone banned for nothing more than interrupting their boosting session. In the end, your going to do it anyway but, at least I have voiced my opinion.

I'm not terribly concerned about this, actually - we get a copy of the chat log with every report, so we can see if someone was actually being abusive or not. We're more likely to give a warning or reprimand to the people abusing the reporting system than the person just trying to play poker. I would think that when we implement a club system, club membership would also be included with the report so we can see if there are any shenanigans going on.

daggers62

Clearly you are going to push ahead with this and the small handful of comments above give a mixed bag of opinion. Maybe you should put an announcement in game and get more players to the forum to contribute more to the discussion.

SmokinRoses

daggers62 wrote

Clearly you are going to push ahead with this and the small handful of comments above give a mixed bag of opinion. Maybe you should put an announcement in game and get more players to the forum to contribute more to the discussion.

^

DL_Courtney

Administrator

That's a good idea. We'll see about getting a MOTD sent out about it.

JIGSAW4422

I'm fine if the club chat were to be temporary disabled when entering A Poker tables, I barely even play poker anyway so that wouldn't even bother me lolz

3 Time Queen of War Champion, 1 Time Big 6 Winner, and 2 Time Hill Climb Winner.