Path More Traveled

steve99101

Anyone unlock this achievement have any tips? Been trying for hours and barely make it to the 3rd room let alone the treasure room. Some videos show just continue to press the 1st button every time but that strategy hasn’t worked for me. Any tips would be appreciated

Charlie Mac

I personally think it is glitched. I have done this 7 times and no joy.

steve99101

So over the past few days I’ve managed to make it to the end 5 times (4 dead end, 1 treasure room) does that mean on the next dead end it will unlock? Just want to make sure I understand correctly or that it doesn’t have to be in one sitting or consecutively

ReccaWolf

It adds up, and no, it's not in one sitting. That would take forever! lol

steve99101

So made it to the dead end room for the 5th time and no trophy. Can a moderator please explain why I didn’t receive it?

DL_Courtney

Administrator

Unfortunately there may be a bug with this trophy. It seems to be awarding to players inconsistently, which makes it a bit hard to nail down. We are currently looking into it and will let you know when we have an update on it.

steve99101

DL_Courtney wrote

Unfortunately there may be a bug with this trophy. It seems to be awarding to players inconsistently, which makes it a bit hard to nail down. We are currently looking into it and will let you know when we have an update on it.

Should I bother trying to continur it or wait for the update and trophy will unlock automatically when I log in after it’s fixed?

I’m going to try and get it once more to see if it unlocks cause the only thing I’ve noticed is once I went through the middle door while the other 4 were through the left door. Is it possible the game registers 5 times through the same door?

DL_Courtney

Administrator

I'm honestly not sure if the trophy will simply trigger once it's fixed. It looks like in some circumstances the trophy will not unlock depending on how you exited the slots game. It should be corrected in the next patch.

In the meantime, make sure you exit out of the slots game before exiting The Four Kings, and your progress should be saved properly.

steve99101

DL_Courtney wrote

I'm honestly not sure if the trophy will simply trigger once it's fixed. It looks like in some circumstances the trophy will not unlock depending on how you exited the slots game. It should be corrected in the next patch.

In the meantime, make sure you exit out of the slots game before exiting The Four Kings, and your progress should be saved properly.

Been keeping track. Got treasure room twice and just got dead end for the 6th time. Nothing. So frustrating. Why create these achievements if they won’t unlock.

I’m assuming the correct way to leave the slots is hit circle since it shows your progress you’ve earned. People are unlocking it though according to psnprofiles. I hope it doesn’t reset the counter when you get the treasure room.

steve99101

Update: 7 times reaching dead end and no trophy. WTH

steve99101

Just unlocked it after the 9th time. No clue how or why it did it but for those having trouble with the bug just keep trying and it will eventually pop

DL_Courtney

Administrator

steve99101 wrote

I’m assuming the correct way to leave the slots is hit circle since it shows your progress you’ve earned. People are unlocking it though according to psnprofiles. I hope it doesn’t reset the counter when you get the treasure room.

Yes, my understanding is that there was an issue with people exiting The Four Kings with the PS button while still in the slots game, so it wasn't properly recording the progress through this achievement. So exiting the slots first either with the circle button or using the exit button on the game interface should save your progress. This bug should be corrected in a future update.

Sorry for the trouble - I am glad it unlocked for you!

Charlie Mac

There needs to be an in game statistics page where players can verify this and be refunded. I have sunk a small fortune into this slot (which I HATE and otherwise would not even play) just to get this trophy and your telling me I should abandon any further attempts until a future update? Wow...

DL_Courtney

Administrator

Charlie Mac wrote

There needs to be an in game statistics page where players can verify this and be refunded. I have sunk a small fortune into this slot (which I HATE and otherwise would not even play) just to get this trophy and your telling me I should abandon any further attempts until a future update? Wow...

I am saying the cause for the error was that progress was not saving properly when people exited The Four Kings directly from the slots game, rather than leaving the slot machine before closing the game. A future update will allow you to exit The Four Kings directly from the slot machine without losing progress, but right now if you leave the slot machine before exiting the game, it should be fine.

If that's not the case, please let us know and we will look into it further.

Aside from that, if you truly hate playing Treasure Trap:
a) I would suggest playing one of the table games or something else, at least for a bit to take a break. If you're not having fun, that kind of defeats the purpose of the game.
b) I'd love to hear any feedback as to what you would prefer to see in a slot game. Constructive feedback will help us design future games that you may enjoy more.

Charlie Mac

DL_Courtney wrote
Charlie Mac wrote

I am saying the cause for the error was that progress was not saving properly when people exited The Four Kings directly from the slots game, rather than leaving the slot machine before closing the game. A future update will allow you to exit The Four Kings directly from the slot machine without losing progress, but right now if you leave the slot machine before exiting the game, it should be fine.

If that's not the case, please let us know and we will look into it further.

Aside from that, if you truly hate playing Treasure Trap:
a) I would suggest playing one of the table games or something else, at least for a bit to take a break. If you're not having fun, that kind of defeats the purpose of the game.
b) I'd love to hear any feedback as to what you would prefer to see in a slot game. Constructive feedback will help us design future games that you may enjoy more.

I like the mechanics of the game just fine. Its the theme and low payouts I don't really care for. its kind of disheartening to go waste all the time and money for a $20.000 dollar pay off for beating a max bet bonus round and a gliched trophy to contend with. My perfect slot? Spinning cogs with manual stop. That is by FAR the best slot in the entire game and a manual stop would greatly improve it. I have had a million dollar game multiple times on that machine. True, they are few and far between but, you know they are possible so it eases the pain of feeding them a lot of money.