Global massive connection problems after July 5th update

AartvandeK

Dear Sir/Madam,

I've also tried to connect to you through your Facebook page, but I don't know the easiest/proper way when it comes to reporting critical bugs when the PS4 console client doesn't work.

Me and 4 of my friends from Europe (Netherlands, Germany, Spain), after the update get kicked and can't login anymore. We all get the firewall message error code 1008.

I'm a network administrator and tried 3 different ISP (fibre optic, mobile 4G and a VPN over my fibre optic (VPN normally works excellent) all in combination with the Google OpenDNS servers) also with 2 different gateways/routers and temporarily disabling firewall completely and enabling uPnP. Nothing works, same error. Sometimes we can login for a few seconds (once in 30 tries) but het kicked when changing lobbies or other actions.

I still don't get a maintenance message, and there is also different reports from people around the world on PSN communities, so I thought I'd report this.

I'm hoping this is a proper channel to do so.

Kind regards,

AartvandeK (on PS4 console)

ralahinn1

It's that way in Baltimore Md.USA too,unfortunately

Leader of the revanites

Flmngo

Having the same issue in Ohio. I can get into hotel room, but crashes if I try to go to the lobby, either by map or front door.

jimmy18011989

same here and i"m from Belgium.

mystysol

South Carolina same

jimmy18011989

and i think the problems is with the lobby and vip room . i fast travel from bingo room to high rollers room and that went great,
but then tried to go to  vip room and again server error

locutor40aooooo

In Brazil too, problems with servidor cod 1008 firewall

ralahinn1

Since I'm on a ps4, I wouldn't know what to do with a firewall.I have no working computer.Is this something we should ask Sony about?

Leader of the revanites

mystysol

Server reboot did not correct the issue.

ralahinn1

I tried that too.I'm thinking we'll have to open a new port in our routers,but I don't know what.I may have to ask Sony,if they can't answer here

Leader of the revanites

Flmngo

Same. Server reboot didn’t correct issue. Stuck in my hotel room. Edit: Giving up and going back to Witcher 3

Last edited by Flmngo (5 Jul 2018 23:51)

AartvandeK

They are working on the issue. Don't change any firewall settings (unless they advice this after the fix attempt), this problem is widespread so should be server-side. The 1AM (UK time) reboot has just happened, hopefully it fixed the issue. I logged in the first time, so that looks promising.

DL_Paul

Administrator

Apologies for the troubles with connections today. We have confirmed and resolved the issue. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

DragonMagic

Got in finally. Thanks.

AartvandeK

DL_Paul wrote

Apologies for the troubles with connections today. We have confirmed and resolved the issue. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Thanks for the quick maintence and keeping us up to date one here! Goodnight.

Kind regards,.

Aart van de K.

ralahinn1

Thanks,mine seems ok,too

Leader of the revanites

mystysol

Thanks for getting this fixed promptly.