Ping meter in the settings page.

Charlie Mac

Can someone explain to me exactly what is a good number to have on this? Im usually between 55 and 65 and keep getting the damn yellow triangle warning about my internet which is a consitent 65-75mbs on a hard wired connection right off my providers modem. Ive heard anything under 150 is sufficient but, is that not the case in this game? Also, if thats NOT the issue then why do i keep getting this waring causing the game to basically pause??? Anyone else expriencing this???

“Trust but, verify”

CAROLNK

hello you should not present problems to play with 65 MB. I know users who play with only 3 MB

DL_David

Administrator

You're correct that a ping of 55 - 65 is perfectly fine. In fact we've had pings of 250 still work but things get a bit laggy.

The yellow internet warning means no response from the server for a number of seconds (I don't recall exactly but I think in the 5 - 10 seconds range). So it's less about the average ping you're getting and more about a breakdown in the connection from your computer to the Four Kings servers.

Going wired is definitely a best practice so then you rule out wifi as an issue, which means it's likely something going on with your router or ISP at a particular moment in time.  It's a good practice to reboot your router every week or two, or when you see these types of warnings.

Charlie Mac

DL_David wrote

You're correct that a ping of 55 - 65 is perfectly fine. In fact we've had pings of 250 still work but things get a bit laggy.

The yellow internet warning means no response from the server for a number of seconds (I don't recall exactly but I think in the 5 - 10 seconds range). So it's less about the average ping you're getting and more about a breakdown in the connection from your computer to the Four Kings servers.

Going wired is definitely a best practice so then you rule out wifi as an issue, which means it's likely something going on with your router or ISP at a particular moment in time.  It's a good practice to reboot your router every week or two, or when you see these types of warnings.

Interesting, I will keep an eye out now that I know what to look for. Thanks.

“Trust but, verify”