The Path More Travelled

SoCalKingg

I know this has been discussed before, but The Path More Travelled trophy is frustrating and ridiculous.  I haven't timed it, but I have to be approaching 20+ hours working on this, maybe closer to 30.  I have made it to the end six times, 3 times dead end, 3 times found the treasure room.  I don't know what the odds are of coming to a dead end are, but they are extremely too low.  I have been running this machine non-stop, though I'm on minimum bet because I know I'd go through a ton of chips otherwise.  The achievement could've been get to the end 5 times or you could've tossed an extra key in the final round that led to a dead end.  This is by far the most frustrating achievement that you have put in the game.

iamPeacepg

JRSC01

Been playing for three years,  still not got this either...

iXanon

It does seem a little glitchy, I didn't unlock the trophy until I reached my 6th dead end, and I've heard claims of others saying it's taken them longer.

The overall time required obviously varies being completely luck based, but for me I'd say 5-8h is a fair estimate..

When I was focussed on the trophy, I would try and spend 1-2h on the game at a time which usually produced at least 1 run to the end (whether a dead-end or a treasure room).

I'd recommend using a pattern and loosely sticking to it. For me, the pattern on the YouTube video didn't work and I did my own.

Umbrella Online
A Resident Evil and survival horror gaming fan site

AZDMB

SoCalKingg wrote

I know this has been discussed before, but The Path More Travelled trophy is frustrating and ridiculous.  I haven't timed it, but I have to be approaching 20+ hours working on this, maybe closer to 30.  I have made it to the end six times, 3 times dead end, 3 times found the treasure room.  I don't know what the odds are of coming to a dead end are, but they are extremely too low.  I have been running this machine non-stop, though I'm on minimum bet because I know I'd go through a ton of chips otherwise.  The achievement could've been get to the end 5 times or you could've tossed an extra key in the final round that led to a dead end.  This is by far the most frustrating achievement that you have put in the game.

I went after this trophy recently and it took me 26 hours. I had five dead ends and three treasure rooms. I agree it can be frustrating. Keep at it and you will get it!

Now I just need the "We Three Kings" trophy....been going after this one for years!

planchetflaw

On Xbox I got this the other day. Of those that track achievements through true achievements, I was the 6th person to unlock it on Xbox (25th December). So that's 6 unlocks of this achievement in 31 days. And I dare say that the 6 of us actively hunted this achievement. So it's very "hard" to get. I also expect now that less than 6 people per month will unlock this on xbox.

I was concerned about it initially, but after I got 2 of them I realised it's just really rare to get the RNG defeated. So I am happy this kind of achievement is there as it makes for a good ratio of "difficulty" for achievement hunters or trophy hunters.

For whatever reason, of the non-time related achievements (rank up nobility/play all seasons) the hardest achievement for me so far is winning with pocket aces in poker. I've had it twice and lost both times haha. I don't really play poker usually outside of this game so maybe I'm just not dedicating enough time to it. But with needing Nobility 5, there's plenty of time.