Chat Channels Switch?

JackalopeRyder

I cannot get the chat channels to switch, no matter what I do. I have read the FAQ, looked online, and still nothing works! I am trying to complete the mission "Change chat channels by holding LB/L2 and using the directional pad". I cannot get it to work. Any suggestions?

DL_Jared

Administrator

What controller are you using? The button for Switch should be ZL - you should be able to just hold it until your controller vibrates and then use the d-pad to change chat channels.

JackalopeRyder

I thought I posted in the Xbox forum. I am using a Xbox Elite Controller on the Xbox One.

DL_Jared

Administrator

Apologies - it should be the Xbox's equivalent button, the left trigger (LT). Does anything happen if you hold it? Are you able to open the chat at all by pressing it normally?

JackalopeRyder

DL_Jared wrote

Apologies - it should be the Xbox's equivalent button, the left trigger (LT). Does anything happen if you hold it? Are you able to open the chat at all by pressing it normally?

Left Trigger (LT) does Nothing when I push it. The Left Shoulder (LB) brings up the auto response menu (e.g. Hello, Goodbye, Yes, No, etc.).

planchetflaw

Lt and use the DPad to scroll. Took me a while to work out you have to do it with the DPad.

JackalopeRyder

planchetflaw wrote

Lt and use the DPad to scroll. Took me a while to work out you have to do it with the DPad.

I have tried repeatedly. Holding LT and using the D pad, pressing LT and using the D pad, holding LT AND the D pad, I cannot get it to work. It is strange. I amy try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

JRSC01

The way it works (on ps4) is you being up the chat panel,  then press and hold L2 until the controller vibrates, let L2 go, then press right on the dpad to select another chat channel,  indicate by the coloured tabs, then it will start in that tab so you can chat.

I'm not sure if this will help you however,  maybe the cottons are similar. I'm not sure.

DPack

You can't switch channels if there's anything in the text box, not even the caret from opening the keyboard and dismissing it.

[+ -- ..]
Evil-eyed duplicitous gypsy woman
Xbox - MamaBearO228 (with a capital o)